Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Midnight Snacktime!

   So, since i generally don't get off of work at the bustling Brick Oven until about midnight every night, I find that I'm usually pretty dang hungry. However, as of the fact that it IS the middle of the night, heavy food is never a good option, as well as high sugar or high fat foods. (see? i'm healthy for a college student...) I learned I really love to munch on fruit. I've been trying all these different ways to eat fruit that take minimal effort, but fill me pretty well. Right now my favorite is handmade grapefruit juice. I don't know about you, but i really despise sitting there with a spoon trying to scoop out a grapefruit; its too messy. So what I've started doing is cutting out the flesh in big chunks, dumping it in a cup, squishing it into juice (feel free to dump it in a blender; its quicker and more effective) then adding sugar to taste. I usually only need about two scoops. Did you know just the smell of grapefruit can boost your metabolism and stave off hunger? I really like keeping grapefruit scented oils in the apartment.
    Another snack i love is green apples and nutella. I keep the apples in the fridge (it keeps them crisper), slice them into chunks when i'm hungry and dip it in the nutella. Its healthy, delicious, and very filling. Sliced up strawberries or mangos are also a great late night snack. In all honesty, though, some people should stay away from mangos. They have a high fiber content and make some people really gaseous (like my roommate, whom i love, but not that much.). Happy eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment